Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Note to Patrons: Many of the records in the Civil Registrations have files connected to the wrong records. This link: Wegwijzer in de wondere wereld van FamilySearch also known as Genver, contains a list of all the problems that have been reported thus far and the correct location of the desired records. This site is being updated as needed. The information is in Dutch.
Question #1: Why do some record sets include records of a type other than that described in the set title; i.e., births, deaths, marriages, and divorces may be mixed together?
Answer #1: The original records are of mixed type. Birth, marriage and death records are in one book, and in some cases, more than one record type is found on the same page. Not much can be done to resolve that, so the collection was organized with three sets of the same images in numerical order. One set for births, one for deaths and one for marriages. The resulting combination of record sets usually appear alphabetically by type, e.g., Geboorten records appear first, followed by Huwelijken, Overlijden, etc.
Question #2: Misplaced records; where can they be found?
Answer #2: See answers below.
- Wijk Bij Duurstede Geboorten “Retakes” for the period 26 September 1887 to 26 March 1888 are at the link for Woudenberg Geboorten 1883-1892 Huwelijken 1883-1892 Overlijden 1883-1892, Images 5-17.
- Willeskop Huwelijksaangiften 1843-1882 and Huwelijkafkondigingen 1843-1882 are at the link to Huwelikjen 1843-1882.
Question #3: The following records are missing. Are they available?
Answer #3: See answers below. If records are available on film; see Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions.
- Amerongen Tienjarige tafels 1883-1892 Geboorten 1883-1892 Huwelijken 1883-1892: Births for 1891 are missing on both the digitized record and on the original microfilm #417918.
- Breukelen Nijenrode>Geboorten, huwelijken, overlijden, huwelijksbijlagen, huwelijksafkondigingen 1812-1814 Tienjarige tafels 1813-1842. Most of the records from the years 1813-1814 are not included but can be found on film 121435
- Hoogland: Geboorten, huwelijksafkondigingen, huwelijken, huweljksbijlagen en overlijden 1815-1820 images 415-727 missing. Can be found on film # 0121493
- Overlijden 1832-1833: Deaths for 1833 are on Film #122022
- Overlijden 1914-1921. Last record is 11 March 1915.
- Overlijden 1921-1929. Last record is 25 July 1922.
- Overlijden 1929-1934. Last record is 8 March 1930. Remaining records can be found on film #1965192
- Overlijden 1942-1943--Achtjarige tafel overlijden 1933-1940 ends 27 July 1942.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1950 > Houten > Huwelijken 1843-1882 > Image 32 of 288..
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Netherlands, Utrecht Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1950 collection at FamilySearch.org.