Nevada County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a southwestern county of Arkansas. For other uses, see Nevada (disambiguation).
|Nevada County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 20, 1871|
This page adopted by Betsy Mills, Nevada County, ARGenWeb County Coordinator
See an interactive map of Nevada County boundary changes.
- Nevada County Courthouse
PO Box 621
Prescott, AR 71857-2199
Telephone: (870) 887-2710
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battles were fought in Nevada County.
- April 3-4, 1864 = Elkin’s Ferry, also known as Okolona
- April 9-13, 1864 = Prairie D'Ane, also known as Gum Grove or Moscow
- Map showing Civil War battles in Arkansas.
Societies and Libraries
Nevada County Depot and Museum - http://www.depotmuseum.org/
403 West First Street South
PO Box 592
Prescott AR 71857
Phone: (870) 887-5821
Nevada County doesn't have a genealogical society at this time, but the Hempstead County Genealogy Society does have information about Nevada County.
PO Box 756
Hope, AR 71802
Family History Centers
- ARGenWeb Project - Nevada County
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Nevada County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 2 August 2012).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 15 August 2012).