New Hampshire Censuses Existing and LostEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:24, 17 February 2010 by DiltsGD
|New Hampshire: Existing and Lost Federal Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules||Veterans/ Pensioners||Slave Owners||Mortality||Agricultural||Industrial/ Manufacturers||Defective||Indian|
|1940 Apr 1||Public release in 2012||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1930 Apr 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1920 Jan 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1910 Apr 15||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1900 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1890 Jun 2||Lost||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1880 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||Exist||-|
|1870 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1860 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1850 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1840 Jun 1||Exist||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1830 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1820 Aug 7||Grafton, part of Rockingham, and most of Strafford County missing.||-||-||-||-||Exist||-||-|
|1810 Aug 6||Exist||-||-||-||-||Lost||-||-|
|1800 Aug 4||Part of Rockingham and Strafford counties missing.||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1790 Aug 2||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Sources and Notes
- ↑ Anne Bruner Eales, and Robert M Kvasnicka, ed., Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives of the United States, 3d ed. (Washington, D.C.: NARA, 2000), 36 and 45.
- ↑ William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 216-23.
- ↑ William Dollarhide, The Census Book: A Genealogists Guide to Federal Census Facts, Schedules and Indexes (Bountiful, Utah: Heritage Quest, 1999), 114.
- ↑ Only for Indian schedules taken along with Federal population schedules.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Before the boundary dispute was settled in 1842, many residents of northern Coos County considered themselves within Canadian jurisdiction, so the Coos County census may be incomplete before 1850.
- ↑ The 1820 census is missing for Grafton County and the Rockingham County towns of Gosport, Greenland, New Castle, Newington, Portmouth, and Rye, Most of the census for Strafford County is missing except for the towns of Centre Harbor, Gilford, Moultonborough, New Hampton, and Sanbornton.
- ↑ The 1800 census is missing for the towns of Alton, Barnstead, Brookfield, Effingham, Gilmantown, Middleton, New Durham, Ossipee, Tuftonborough, Wakefield, and Wolfeborough in Strafford County. Fortunately, the 1798 Direct Tax for many of these towns exists and serves as a census substitute. The 1800 census is also missing the towns of Atkinson, Greenland, Hampton, Hampton Falls, Londonderry, Northampton, Pehlam, Plaistow, Salem, Seabrook, Stratham, and Windham in Rockingham County.