| New Mexico State University Library Rio Grande Historical Collections
- New Mexico State University Library
- Box 30006, Dept. 3475
- Las Cruces, NM 88003-8006
- 4th Floor Branson Library
- 1305 Frenger Mall
- Las Cruces, NM 88003-8006
Hours and holidays: Library hours correspond to the University semesters.
Internet sites and databases:
- Collection Overview Rio Grande Historical Collections acquires, preserves, and makes available for research; records of organizations, personal papers, and other unpublished materials which document the cultural heritage and history of New Mexico and the Southwestern experience..
If you cannot visit or find a source at the New Mexico State University Library Rio Grande Historical Collections, a similar source may be available at one of the following.
- New York Public Library Genealogy Division has an outstanding collection of American history at national, state and local levels; international genealogy and heraldry in Roman alphabets; Dorot Jewish collection; photos; New York censuses, directories, and vital records.
- New York Public Library Branches over 90 in New York City.
- New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, national in scope. Over 100 million name database, of vital records, genealogies, journals, over 200,000 books, 100,000 microfilms, and over 20 million manuscripts with emphasis on New England and New York since the 1600s.
- National Archives Northeast Region (New York City), censuses, Ancestry.com, military, pensions, bounty land, photos, passenger indexes, New York port and shipping, naturalizations, inventions.
- National Archives Northeast Region (Boston) (that is Waltham), censuses, Ancestry.com, military, pensions, bounty land, photos, passenger indexes, naturalizations, African Americans, Indians.
- Stadsarchief Amsterdam (Amsterdam Municipal Archives) early Dutch notarial records of New York.
- Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah, holds 450 computers, 3,400 databases, 3.1 million microforms, 4,500 periodicals, 310,000 books of worldwide family and local histories, civil, church, immigration, ethnic, military, and Mormon records.
- Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, Indiana, premier periodical collection, genealogies, local histories, databases, military, censuses, directories, passenger lists, ethnic collections, and Canadians.
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC, Local History and Genealogy Reading Room is part of the world's largest library including 50,000 genealogies, 100,000 local histories, manuscripts, microfilms, maps, newspapers, photographs, books, strong in North American, British Isles, and German sources
- Newberry Library, Chicago, genealogies, local histories, censuses, military, land, indexes, vital records, court, and tax records mostly from the Mississippi Valley, eastern seaboard, Canada, & British Isles.
- Mid-Continent Public Library Midwest Genealogy Center, Independence, MO, national censuses/indexes, 80,000 family histories, 100,000 local histories, 565,000 microfilms, 7,000 maps, and newspapers.
- National Archives I, Washington DC, census, pre-WWI military service & pensions, passenger lists, naturalizations, passports, federal bounty land, homesteads, bankruptcy, ethnic sources, prisons.
- Yad Vashem, Jerusalem, 85,000 volumes about the Jewish Holocaust, largest yizkor book collection.
- Archives and Historical Services Division is the central archives of New Mexico State Government The agency is mandated by law to collect, preserve and make available to the public and all branches of government, permanent public records, historical manuscripts, photographs and other materials that contribute to the understanding of New Mexico history
- National Archives Rocky Mountain Region (Denver)Serves Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.Includes Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Land Management, Air Force Acadamy, Bureau of Indian Affiars, National Park Service, naturalizations for CO, MT, NM, UT,[ U.S. Food Administration, Denver Mint, Internal Revenue Service, Forest Service, federal censuses 1790-1930 and selected indexes, Indian censuses, passenger arrival lists, military service through the Spanish American War, World War I draft registrations for CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY, military pension and bounty land, Utah polygamy trials, court records of appeals, bankruptcy, criminal and civil cases in CO, MT, NM, ND, SD, UT, WY, and other states,U.S. diplomacy, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War and Reconstruction, Native American-Government relations, westward expansion, and World War II, tours, genealogy workshops, and presentations.
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, New York City has censuses, city directories, church, cemetery, Bible, land, probates, genealogy, local history, and manuscripts.
- New Mexico Genealogical Society manuscripts, newspapers, periodicals, histories, directories, maps, photos.
- Hispanic Genealogical Research Center of New Mexico Hispanic Genealogical Research.
- Historical Society of New Mexico We offer links to organizations, museums and other historic points of interest in New Mexico. .
- Courts: city, state, and federal.
- [Albuquerque Public Library] includes finding aids and collections guides to archives, manuscripts, oral histories, photographs, paintings, oral history database, and maps.
- New Mexico State Libraries, history, biography, ethnic studies, newspapers, government documents.
- Albuquerque Public Library Special Collections.