New Norfolk County, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
New Norfolk was a short-lived county, now extinct, in seventeenth-century Virginia.
The original records of New Norfolk County are now held at
1636-- New Norfolk County was formed from Elizabeth City County.
Church of England
See also Elizabeth River Parish
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Thorowgood] Francis, Phyllis W. "Some Lineal Descendants of Captain Adam Thorowgood (1602-1640) Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County, Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 16, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1972):3-12; Vol. 16, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1972):119-123; Vol. 16, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1972):207-215; Vol. 16, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1972):286-291; Vol. 17, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1973):14-20; Vol. 17, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1973):129-134; Vol. 17, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1973):207-211. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 16 (1972) - v. 17 (1973).
Additional resources include:
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ John Frederick Dorman, "Review of Cavaliers and Pioneers," in The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 24, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1980):221. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 24 (1980)