New Zealand, Archives New Zealand, Probate Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Probate records issued during the past 50 years are unavailable for viewing. As a result, only the first image is presented when "View document" is clicked. No forward or back arrows are available for browsing. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to providing access to genealogical records. The collections are reviewed annually for inclusion of new unrestricted records.
NOTE: The Event Date indexed in the record detail page could be the date the will was written, the date the will was executed, the death date, or the date the probate was granted. View the image to determine which date is indexed as Event Date.
NOTE: To determine which digital records are likely to be found within a collection or to find missing images, see, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records (56000).
Question #1: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. How can I determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #1: The list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range existing in the collection:
• Hokitika Court > Probate records 1884-1886 P232/84-P307/86 contains records through Nov 1887, including a few 1888 and 1894 records.
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If searching the collection: please include the name of the collection, and all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing the collection: please include the full browse path you used to get to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the image viewer window.
For example: New Zealand, Archives New Zealand, Probate Records, 1843-1998 > Blenheim > Probates 1894-1896 rec 0264, 0270, 0239-0290 > Image 26 of 662.
- For technical issues: please include operating system and browser version.
Return to the New Zealand, Archives New Zealand, Probate Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the New Zealand, Archives New Zealand, Probate Records, 1843-1998 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 22 May 2015, at 20:40.
- This page has been accessed 1,363 times.