Newfoundland and Labrador GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1. What information do you wish to locate about your ancestor? To choose the sources you need to search first, please click on RECORD SELECTION TABLE: Newfoundland_and_Labrador, which will help you decide.
2. From the above Record Selection Table, which sources do you wish to check in this province? To check the availability of your sources of interest as well as to check the websites that have them online, please click on this province's SOURCES LINKS TABLE .
3. Do you know the location that you wish to search in this province? If so, please check for some possible sources and some online information about your location of interest, by clicking on this province's POPULATED PLACES TABLE A-H or I-Q or R-Z.
4. For further information regarding your sources of interest, see "TOPICSand click on the source of interest.
Remember that you should always try to get an original copy of that source to verify information.
Please be aware that this is a growing Pilot program, with new information being added on a regular basis.
New Articles Needed
- coming soon...
- coming soon...
Featured Training Modules
- Researching Your Newfoundland Ancestors: Part One found on FamilySearch.
GREAT RESOURCE: "Newfoundland's Grand Banks Genealogy Site" http://ngb.chebucto.org/index.html includes transcriptions of census records, cemetery transcriptions, vital records, parish records, passenger lists, voters lists, historical maps & information and more -- TONS of information, and all FREE!!
Family History Society of Newfoundland and Labrador: http://ngb.chebucto.org/Personal/index.html lots of info and list of other genealogy links for this region.
Newfoundland and Labrador Gen Web: http://nl.canadagenweb.org/index.html?status=deframed
Things You Can Do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
NOTE: If you would like to participate in contributing information into this WIKI program, please go to the "Create a New Page" section of this screen, and follow the guidelines.
WELCOME ABOARD! More sharers of information = more information available for everyone!