Newport County, Rhode Island GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:37, 18 August 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Formed as Rhode Island County in 22 June 1703.
- Renamed Newport County 16 June 1729. Named for Town of Newport, Wales (now City of Newport, Wales)
Societies and Libraries
Citie, Towns, Village, Communties
- City: Newport
- Towns: Jamestown . Little Compton . Middletown . Portsmouth . Tiverton
- Village: North Tiverton
- Communities: Melville . Newport East
- FamilySearch.org catalog for Newport County
- The Newport County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News