Newport County, Rhode Island GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:37, 10 September 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Formed as Rhode Island County in 22 June 1703.
- Renamed Newport County 16 June 1729. Named for Town of Newport, Wales (now City of Newport, Wales)
Places / Localities
- City: Newport
- Towns: Jamestown . Little Compton . Middletown . Portsmouth . Tiverton
- Village: North Tiverton
- Communities: Melville . Newport East
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org catalog for Newport County
- The Newport County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.