Newport News, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- Originally a Native American village named Kecoughtan when Sir Thomas Gates took possession of it in 1610.
- Became independent of Warwick County in 1896.
- County seat was at Denbigh until 1810 when it moved to City of Newport News.
Annexed: Denbigh (merged 1958). Warwick County (merged 1958)
Communities: Colony Pines . Christopher Shores-Stuart Gardens . Denbigh . East End . Fort Eustis . Glendale . Hildenwood . Hilton Village . Huntington Heights (Overtown). Jefferson Park . Kiln Creek . Lee Hall . Menchville . Morrison (Harpersville) . Newmarket . North End . Oyster Point . Parkview . Port Warwick . Richneck . Riverside . Summerlake . Village Green . Warwick
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog