Newport Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Newport Parish has served Isle of Wight County, Virginia. It was also known as Old Brick Church. It is located in Smithfield, Virginia. It is currently known as St. Luke's Church.
- bef 1734
The graves at St. Luke's Church Cemetery are transcribed and mapped at the church website.
- Barger, Virginia A. Tombstones in St. Luke's Church Cemetery, Isle of Wight County, Virginia. Newport News, Virginia: Mrs. R.V. Barger, 1970. Available at FHL.
- Hayden, E. Virginia. A Sketch of "The Old Brick Church": Isle of Wight County, Virginia. 1925. 1954 reprint available at FHL. [St. Luke's Parish Church]
- Hopkins, William Lindsay. Suffolk Parish Vestry Book, 1749-1784, Nansemond County, Virginia, and Newport Parish Vestry Book, 1724-1772, Isle of Wight County, Virginia. Richmond, Va.: W.L. Hopkins, 1988. Available at FHL.
- Historic St. Luke's Church (official website). Includes history, photographs, and cemetery transcripts.
- St. Luke's Church, The Historical Marker Database
- St. Luke's Church, (another description), The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).