Noble County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1843 and 1859 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- Augusta Cemetery
- Gragg Cemetery
- Lower/Lauer Cemetery
- Port Mitchell Cemetery
- Sanford Cemetery
- Wolf Lake Cemetery
- The Indiana Genealogical Society has many free indexes to Noble County cemeteries.
- Index to Morality Schedule for Noble County, Indiana (1860) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Noble County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Counties of La Grange and Noble, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. (Salem, Mass: Higginson Book Co, 1993.) 977.27 H2c FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Alvord, Samuel E., Alvord's history of Noble County, Indiana : to which is appended a comprehensive compendium of local biography - memoirs of representative men and women of the county, whose works of merit have made their names imperishable, (Reprint. Originally published: Logansport, Indiana : B. F. Bowen, Publisher, 1902. 602, 53 p. leaves. ill., facsims., ports.) 977.276 H2a FHL US/CAN BookFHL Collection INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Goodspeed, Weston Arthur, and Charles Blanchard. 1970.Counties of Whitley and Noble, Indiana: historical and biographical, illustrated. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic, inc.) 977.27 H2g FHL US/CAN Book FHL COLLECTION other library INTERNET ARCHIVE Family History Archives
Civil War service men from Noble County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Noble County.
- 7th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies B, C, D, I, and M
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies B, and I
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reoganized B, and C
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized C, and F
- 20th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company C
- 30th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies C, F, and Reorganized Companies D, and E
- 44th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 74th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company D
- 88th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and D
- 100th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Comapny E
- 129th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B,C, D, and I
- 139th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company D
- 142nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, G, and D
- 152nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, C, F, and E
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
Civil War Book
- "The First Call for Troops" in Counties of La Grange and Noble, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. (Salem, Mass: Higginson Book Co, 1993.) 977.27 H2c FHL US/CAN Book page 89-116, FHL Collection other library INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Noble County Vital Records Site. This site includes Divorces, Obituaries, Biographies, Guardianships, Probate Index, Births, Deaths, Marriages, School Records, Military, Cemeteries, Settlers, Census, Neighbors, and Wills Index.
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Noble County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).