Noble County, OhioEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Noble County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Founded:||March 11, 1851|
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Guernsey, Monroe, Morgan, and Washington Counties 11 March 1851.
- County Seat: Caldwell
- Neighboring Counties: Noble County, Ohio residents may also have records in Guernsey (north) · Washington (south) · Muskingum (west) · Monroe (east) · Belmont (northeast) · Morgan (southwest)
See an interactive map of Noble County boundary changes.
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War
- - Civil War service men from Noble County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Noble County.
- - 116th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company H
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback