Norfolk County, Massachusetts GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Norfolk County Courthouse
650 High Street
Dedham, Ma 02026-1855
Probate Judge has divorce and probate records;
Clerk Courts has court records from 1928; register
of deeds has land records 
Towns Organized Before 1800
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Norfolk County, Massachusetts Genealogy census records online, see: Massachusetts Census.
1855 Massachusetts State Census—a free searchable index and images to the 1855 Massachusetts State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search. This index includes every name listed on the census and is linked to an image including information about each person’s residence and age in 1855, birthplace, occupation, other family members, and neighbors.
1865 Massachusetts State Census—a free searchable index and images to the 1865 Massachusetts State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search This index includes every name listed on the census and is linked to an image including information about each person’s residence and age in 1865, birthplace, occupation, other family members, and neighbors.
Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Boston newspapers and The Lowell Sun (1878-1977) covering local news that included residents from Norfolk County communities.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Norfolk County MA GenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Norfolk County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Norfolk County (backup site)
- Norfolk County Massachuesetts History & Genealogy Blog - by David Lambert
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Norfolk County
- ↑ "Old Norfolk County Records," Essex Antiquarian 1, no. 2 (February 1897), 19-20. Part of NEHGS American Ancestors Search. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Film 599729 Item 2; Book 974.45 B2a.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Norfolk County, Massachusetts, p.330.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Massachusetts-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News