North Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States North_Dakota
Welcome to North Dakota, Peace Garden State
Most overseas immigrants to North Dakota came through the port of New York or other east coast ports. The Family History Library and the National Archives have U.S. passenger lists or indexes for the years 1820 to 1943, and for Canadian ports, 1865 to 1900.
|How to Find Information about North Dakota Genealogy Ancestors|
North Dakota's naturalization records (1873-1952) are indexed at the North Dakota State Archives and Historical Research Library of the State Historical Society of North Dakota. These records represent the bulk of documentation pertaining to immigration and naturalization proceedings in the state, but not those individuals who were naturalized in federal court.
Did You Know?
- A notable genealogical collection is the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Collection. This mixed collection includes transcripts of cemetery records, church records, genealogies, marriages, deaths, and wills from 3 counties—Barnes, Burleigh, and Towner. Read more...
Extinct or Renamed Counties:
Allred | Buffalo | Buford | Burbank | Chippewa | Church | De Smet | Flanery | French | Garfield | Gingras | Howard | Kittson | Sheyenne | Stevens | Villard | Wallace | Wallette | Wynn
- Search the Department of Health's free online death index.
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the 's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- The has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger Project. The Project provides internet information on every county in every state in the .
-  largely duplicates these Wiki pages. Includes some bibliographic lists from Library, 2001.
Obtain additional help
- Call or chat with an experienced researcher
- Join a Facebook Group
- Consult a Professional Genealogist
Things You Can Do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki click here: