Norton County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Norton County Courthouse
101 S Kansas Avenue
Norton, KS 67654-0070
Name changed to Billings 6 Mar 1873. Name changed back to Norton 19 Feb 1874
Clerk District Court has marriage and divorce records, and
probate court court records
Register of Deeds has land records from 1874
and some cemetery records. City Clerks have birth and death records. 
1867--Norton County was created 26 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: Norton 
Lenora Cemetery Association Index may provide the following information of three cemeteries: Lenora East, Lenora South, and Pairie Gem:
- Given Names
- Birth Date
- Death Date
- Other Information
Norton County Kansas Cemeteries Index by the Norton County Genealogical Society has information on all cemeteries, providing essentially the same information as above.
South Star Cemetery transcription gives directions to the cemetery and provides the essentially the same information as above.
- Norton County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Norton County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Norton County, Kansas page 254, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More