Norton County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Norton County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Norton County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|Address|| Norton County Courthouse|
101 S. Kansas Ave.
Norton, Kansas 67654-0070
Norton County Courthouse
101 S Kansas Avenue
Norton, KS 67654-0070
Name changed to Billings 6 Mar 1873. Name changed back to Norton 19 Feb 1874
Clerk District Court has marriage and divorce records, and
probate court court records
Register of Deeds has land records from 1874
and some cemetery records. City Clerks have birth and death records. 
1867--Norton County was created 26 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: Norton 
Lenora Cemetery Association Index may provide the following information of three cemeteries: Lenora East, Lenora South, and Pairie Gem:
- Given Names
- Birth Date
- Death Date
- Other Information
Norton County Kansas Cemeteries Index by the Norton County Genealogical Society has information on all cemeteries, providing essentially the same information as above.
South Star Cemetery transcription gives directions to the cemetery and provides the essentially the same information as above.
Standard Atlas of Norton County, Kansas, 1917 published by George A. Ogle & Co., 1917. The atlas shows maps of each township with the names of landowners. It has a patrons' directory, and plats of towns as of the year of publication. Available on Kansas Memory.
- Norton County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Norton County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Norton County, Kansas page 254, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News