Norway Record Selection TableEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The table below can help you decide which records to search.
- In column 1 find the goal you selected.
- In column 2 find the types of records that are most likely to have the information you need.
- Column 3 lists those types of records that may also be useful.
Records containing previous research (biography, genealogy, history, nobility, periodicals, and societies) could provide useful information for most goals. These are listed repeatedly when they are especially helpful for a goal.
| The terms used in columns 2 and 3 are the same as the subject headings used in many Wiki articles and in the Locality section of the FamilySearch Catalog.|
Find an article in this Wiki by searching for "Norway" and the type of record you found in columns 2 or 3.
|What you are looking for:||Try these records first:||Other useful records:|
Census (1865 and later)
|Parents, children, and other family members|
|Parish, district, and county boundaries|
|Places of residence|
|Previous research (compiled genealogy)|
- This page was last modified on 12 June 2015, at 17:39.
- This page has been accessed 1,652 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News