O'Fallon Illinois Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.
The O'Fallon, Illinois Family History Center serves the towns of O'Fallon, Shiloh, Belleville, Fairview Heights, Glen Carbon, Edwardsville, and many more in the surrounding counties of St. Clair, Madison, and Randolph.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
255 Fairwood Hills Drive
O'Fallon, IL 62269
Open Hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday; Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving week and 2 weeks during the Christmas holidays.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Small collection of research aids, resources, and genealogical books are shelved in this center. This includes The Compendium of American Genealogy, St. Clair Co. Marriages 1775-1905, various cemetery records, and other resources from St. Clair Co. as well as resources from other counties in Illinois, and other states.
- A large microfiche collection, organized into two categories: locality & surname. This collection includes many research aids as well as records from England, Germany, and various US states.
- There is also an extensive microfilm collection, again organized into locality & surname categories. There are quite a few German Church Records and local Illinois records on microfilm. We have Clinton County Marriages, Naturalizations, Births, Deaths and Wills; St. Clair County Naturalizations; and various other records from other counties and states.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, printers, film and microfiche readers, fim and microfiche copier.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Belleville Public Library houses a genealogy collection. They have microfilm of Belleville and East Saint Louis newspapers, and an index to the obituaries from the newspapers.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>