Oakland County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Oakland County Courthouse
1200 N Telegraph Rd.
Pontiac, MI 48341
Phone: (248) 858-0572
The town of Rochester was formed at about the time Ann Arbor was formed in [Washtenaw County]. It is north and west of Detroit. The Mack Family built the road that ran from Detroit to Pontiac and the road which split off that and went to Rochester.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Oakland County Genealogical Society, Website.
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Bloomfield Hills Michigan Family History Center
- Pontiac Michigan Family History Center
- Rochester Michigan Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).