Ogemaw County, Michigan Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
|(9 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
County has from 1879, from 1887, from 1876, from 1902, from 1876 from 1919has from 1873of deeds has land from 1860)./
== History ==
== History ==
|Line 87:||Line 98:|
Revision as of 21:17, 12 April 2013
Guide to Ogemaw County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Ogemaw County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||April 1, 1840|
|County Seat||West Branch|
|Address|| Ogemaw County Courthouse]|
806 W Houghton Ave.
West Branch, MI 48661
Phone: (517) 345-0215
Ogemaw County Website
County Clerk has birth records from 1879, marriage records
from 1887, death records from 1876, divorce and court records
from 1902, naturalization records from 1876
and military records from 1919.
Probate Court has probate records from 1873.
Regulation of deeds has land records from 1860. 
1840--Ogemaw County was created 1 April 1840 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Mackinac, Cheyboygan, and Iosco Counties prior to organization. Elminated 7 March 1867 to Iosco, and recreated 28 March 1873 from Iosco and organized 27 April 1875. County seat: West Branch 
Civil War service men from Ogemaw County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Ogemaw County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ogemaw County, Michigan page 349, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News