Ohio, Diocese of Toledo, Catholic Parish Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: When searching through these records, sometimes the County, Place, and/or Event, Type, Year Range, may be incorrect. How may I determine which are incorrect?
Answer #1: Missing locations will be added to the City/Town/Village list in a future rework of this collection, and mis-linked records will be linked to the correct place. FamilySearch is not in possession of some images that were missed in the filming or may have been lost or stolen. Some mis-labeled images may be found on film. You may order films for viewing in a FamilySearch Center. Please see the following for errors in the browse points:
- Lucas > Toledo > St. Adalbert > 1916-1921 Baptisms contains the same records as the St. Adalbert > 1916-1921 Baptisms Index browse point. You may order Film # 2257457 to view the baptisms.
- Oak Harbor is missing and will be added to the City/Town/Village.
- Ottawa > Toussaint > St. Joseph > 1796-1935 Cemetery Burial Lists are listed as Michigan. These are records from St. Antoine Cemetery in Monroe, Michigan which was later changed to St. Joseph Cemetery, that have been incorrectly labeled from Ohio. This Diocese seems to cross state lines. But the cemetery is in Monroe, Michigan.
- The records found at > Richland > Shelby > Sacred Heart > 1849-1923 Baptisms are not Baptisms, but are Marriage and Death records. The other three sets of records listed for Sacred Heart are correctly listed as Baptismal Records and cover the years 1844-1924.
- Seneca > New Riegel > St. Boniface baptismal records from 1835-1913 records were accidentally omitted from the film. You could possibly order the film containing the missiong records from Bowling Green State University, Center for Archival Collections or contact the Diocese of Toledo, the owner of the original records.
- St. Boniface Parish is incorrectly located at the Toledo link.
Question #2: Are all records for Huron > Bismark > St. Sebastian and Erie > Sandusky > St. Mary attributed to the correct parish?
Answer #2: It may not be possible to determine for certain where an event occurred. To meet the needs of new German speaking congregations, the Catholic diocese apparently assigned one German speaking priest to serve more than one congregation. Priests’ signatures and handwriting indicate that parish records may be intermingled. The following St. Sebastian and St. Mary parish record sets are examples.
- Huron > Bismark > St. Sebastian > 1853-1914 Confirmations, Marriages.
- Erie > Sandusky > St. Mary > 1853-1876 Baptisms, First Communions, Confirmations, Marriages.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Ohio, Diocese of Toledo, Catholic Church Parish Records, 1796-2004 > Ottawa > Genoa > Our Lady of Lourdes > 1941-1952 First Communions > Image 6 of 8.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Ohio, Diocese of Toledo, Catholic Parish Records (Family Search Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Ohio, Diocese of Toledo, Catholic Parish Records, 1796-2004 collection at FamilySearch.org.