Ohio County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a southeastern county of Indiana. For other uses, see Ohio (disambiguation).
Guide to Ohio County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Ohio County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1844|
|County Seat||Rising Sun|
|Address|| Ohio County Courthouse|
413 Main Street
Rising Sun, IN 47040
For tips on accessing Ohio County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Agricultural Schedule for Ohio County(1850-1880) ($,Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Mortality Schedule for Ohio County (1850-1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Manufacturing Schedules for Ohio County (1850-1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Ohio County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Selected Residents of Ohio County (1876) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Ohio County (1858) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
- Every Name Index to History of Dearborn and Ohio Counties, IndianaEvery Name Index compiled by Cathy L. O'Connor, 2007; original text by F. E. Weakley Co.,Publishers, 1885; reproduction by Unigraphic, Inc., 1970.EveryNameIndex.com
- Weakley, Harraman Co. History of Dearborn, Ohio and Switzerland Counties, Indiana: From Their Earliest Settlement, Containing a History of the Counties, Their Cities, Townships, Towns, Villages, Schools, and Churches ... Biographies ... History of the North-West Territory, the State of Indiana, and the Indians. (Chicago: Weakley, Harraman Co, 2008.)other libraryINTERNET ARCHIVE
Land and Property
War of 1812
- Civil War Soldiers of Ohio County ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- African American Veterans in Ohio County (1890) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Civil War service men from Ohio County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Ohio County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company M
- 2nd Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 6th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company H
- 7th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I, and Reorganized C
- 20th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized C
- 52nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company B
- 83rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and C
- 109th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and G
- 142nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 146th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H
Article on the Civil War
- West, J. Eberle, "Morgan's Raid",(Indiana Magazine of History 20, no. 1 (March 1924): 92-96.)1863,Belmont County, Ohio (St. Clairesville)Abstract and Bibliographic Informationarticle PDF
World War I
World War II
Naturalization and Citizenship
County CourthouseOhio County Courthouse
413 Main Street
Rising Sun, IN 47040
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate,
and court records from 1844. 
==== Family History Centers ====f
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Death, E-Publication, Institution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892-Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992-FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959-FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920-FamilySearch
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog fckLR*Ohio County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ohio County, Indiana 215 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.