Ohio Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: When I search for an image, the wrong image comes up. How do I find the correct image?
Answer #1: Some images are incorrectly linked, and they may be several records off. Certificates may be located by matching the certificate number, found in the record details, to the actual certificate on the images. This is done by scrolling through the images until the correct certificate number is located.
Question #2: Some certificates are missing. What should I do?
Answer #2: If you determine, based on the certificate numbers, that images are missing, please report the problem at firstname.lastname@example.org so that it can be investigated and corrected.
Question #3: Some images are covered by an overlay. How can I see the information that is covered?
Answer #3: When a record contained an overlay, it was filmed twice, once with the overlay and once without so that no pertinent information was lost. By scrolling forward or backward you should find the image without the overlay. If you are unable to find the image without the overlay please contact email@example.com with all of the pertinent information (names, date, place etc.)
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window. For example: Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953 > 1908 > 00001-01967 > Image 32 of 2112
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
For Internal Use Only
Do NOT JIRA the following:
- Records where the link to the image is off by less than five.
- These DGS/Microfilms which contain less than 5 missing certificates each:
DGS 4001620 GS 1992673
DGS 4122438 GS 2022660
DGS 4122439 GS 2022661
DGS 4096056 GS 1991873
DGS 4057884 GS 2023981
DGS 4057800 GS 2024032
DGS 4001622 GS 1992671
DGS 4001612 GS 1992615
DGS 4096056 GS 1991873
DGS 4122078 GS 2024138
DGS 4020873 GS 2032413
DGS 4001701 GS 1992682
Please DO create JIRAs for the following missing images:
|4000613||475-3513||1992473||1931, file no. 51701-54900|
|4036111||3100-3199||2022731||1936, file no. 64201-67100|
|4020632||2517-3216||2023983||1942, file no. 14801-17700|
|4047207||3262-3288||2023559||1938, file no. 18001-20900|
Also, create a JIRA when patrons report that middle names which previously appeared in the collection can no longer be seen.