Ohio For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:45, 11 July 2012 by Murphynw
More detailed information about research and records in Ohio can be found in:
- Balhuizen, Anne Ross. The History of Your Heritage: Ohio. Centerville, Utah: Advanced Resources, 1993. FHL Book 977.1 A1 no. 542.
- Bell, Carol Willsey. Ohio Genealogical Guide. 6th ed. Youngstown, Ohio: C.W. Bell, 1995. FHL Book 977.1 D27b 1995; 1978 ed. on film l036398 item 8.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book : American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. Free online version; FHL Book 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Fenley, Ann. The Ohio Open Records Law and Genealogy: Researching Ohio Public Records. Dayton, Ohio: Ohio Connection, 1989. FHL Book 977.1 P3f.
- Harter, Stuart. Ohio Genealogy and Local History Sources Index. [Ft. Wayne, Ind.: CompuGen Systems, 1986]. FHL Book 977.1 D27h. List of books published about Ohio.
- McCay, Betty L. Sources for Genealogical Searching in Ohio. Indianapolis, Ind., 1973. WorldCat
- Main, Florence. Ohio Genealogical Records. Cleveland, Ohio, 1968.
- Mettle, Suzanne Wolfe, and Nova Anderson Weller, comps. Genealogical Researcher's Manual: With Special References for Using the Ohio Historical Society Library. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio Genealogical Society, 1981. FHL Book 977.1 D27g.
- Ohio Almanac. Lorain, Ohio: Lorain Journal Co., 1968. FHL Book 977.1 B5o.
- Sperry, Kip. Genealogical Research in Ohio. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1997. FHL Book 977.1 D27sk.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More