Oklahoma Censuses Existing and LostEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:23, 10 February 2010 by KirkBE
|Oklahoma and Indian Territories: Existing and Lost Federal Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules||Veterans/ Pensioners||Slave Owners||Mortality||Agricultural||Industrial/ Manufact- urers||Defective||Indian|
|1940 Apr 1||Public release in 2012||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1930 Apr 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1920 Jan 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1910 Apr 15||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1907 Federal||Seminole County only||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1900 Jun 1||OK & Indian Terr. exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1890 Jun 2 Federal||Oklahoma and Indian Territories both lost||OK and Indian Territories exist||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1880 Jun 1||no census||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1870 Jun 1||no census||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1860 Jun 1||Non-Indians on Indian Territory enumerated as part of Arkansas Territory||-||see Arkansas Territory||see Arkansas Territory||see Arkansas Territory||Lost||-||-|
|1850 Jun 1||no census||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1840 Jun 1||no census||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1830 Jun 1||no census||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1820 Aug 7||Lost (Arkansas and Missouri Territories)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oklahoma: Existing and Lost State Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules|
|1907||Statistical State Census|
|1890 Jun||Territorial Census: for only the counties of Logan, Oklahoma, Cleveland, Canadian, Kingfisher, Payne, and Beaver.|
Sources and Notes
- ↑ Indian Territory, and Oklahoma Territory were separate until 1907 when they were joined to form the State of Oklahoma.
- ↑ Anne Bruner Eales, and Robert M Kvasnicka, ed., Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives of the United States, 3d ed. (Washington, D.C.: NARA, 2000), 37-38.
- ↑ William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 275-280.
- ↑ William Dollarhide, The Census Book: A Genealogists Guide to Federal Census Facts, Schedules and Indexes (Bountiful, Utah: Heritage Quest, 1999).
- ↑ Only for separate "Indian schedules" taken along with federal population schedules.
- ↑ Ann S. Lainhart, State Census Records (Baltimore: Genealogical Pub., 1992)[FHL Book 973 X2Lai], 96.
- ↑ Ann S. Lainhart, State Census Records (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992), 95-96.
- ↑ Henry J. Dubester, State Censuses: An Annotated Bibliography of Censuses of Population Taken After the Year 1790 by States and Territories of the United States (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1948), 52.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News