Oklahoma DirectoriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Oklahoma-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Directories of heads of households have been published for major cities in Oklahoma.
Resources for Oklahoma Directories
For a list of heads of households in the entire territory in 1890, see the reprinted edition of "Smith's First Directory of Oklahoma Territory: For the Year Commencing August 1st, 1890" (FHL book 976.6 E4s) (FHL film 1307628 item 11) (Worldcat) The book has an every-name index, but the edition on film does not.
Libraries and Archives
Ancestry.com ($) has Oklahoma directories available online in its U.S. City Directories collection.
The Family History Library
The Family History Library has:
- 1905-06 Family History Library Film 928379 item 3
- 1905-06, 1906, 1916, 1941, 1960, 1969, 1975, 1986 Family History Library book 976.638 E4p
- 1913, 1924 Family History Library Film 1321478 item 3
- (1913), (1924) Family History Library Film 1440588 item 6
- 1966, 1968, 1985 Family History Library book 976.638 E4p
- 1909-35 Family History Library Film 1760274-283
- Distant Cousin
- US City Directories This web site identifies printed, microfilmed, and online directories and their repositories.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More