Oktibbeha County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Oktibbeha County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Oktibbeha County Courthouse
101 E Main Street
Starkville, MS 39759
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce, probate and
court records from 1880 and land records from 1834.
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records. 
1833--Oktibbeha County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Starkville 
1880--Some records were lost.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Oktibbeha County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Family Maps of Oktibbeha County, Mississippi Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Civil War service men from Oktibbeha County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Oktibbeha County.
- - 2nd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry [became the 48th Regiment, Missippi Infantry]
- Company - Oktibbeha Reserve [or "Oktibbeha Rescue" -- records not clear], aka Capt. Joel P. Rogers’ Company [also known as Co. K]
- - 8th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry (formerly 19th Battalion Mississippi Cavalry (Duff's)
- Company I - Robinson’s Company
- - 48th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry [from the 2nd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry]
- Oktibbeha Reserve [or "Oktibbeha Rescue" -- records not clear], aka Capt. Joel P. Rogers’ Company [also known as Co. K]
- - Perrin's Battalion, Mississippi State Cavalry
- Company F - Montgomery’s Company
- Company I - Bookter’s Company
- - 11th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company E - Gholson Guards
- 1861-1918 - Oktibbeha County Marriage Books 1-24 Index 1861-1918 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Oktibbeha County, Mississippi page 381, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/b/be/Igimississippij.pdf.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News