Oldenburg GazetteersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
As there are no central record retrieval systems for German records, it is imperative to know the record jurisdictions to which your ancestor's place of origin belonged. The object of this project was to list the place names within the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg, along with:
1) Physical description, i.e. farm, city, etc.
2) Community to which it belonged, (similar to a district).
3) The name of the County Seat
4) The Lutheran parish jurisdiction.
5) Where the Lutheran records are housed.
6) The Catholic parish jurisdiction.
7) Where the Catholic records are housed.
This is currently an ongoing project.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News