Olds Alberta Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Olds Alberta Family History Centre serves the communities of Olds, Innisfail, Didsbury, Sundre, and Cremona. The History Library staff are available to help all patrons Tuesdays during scheduled hours and are available other days of the week by appointment.
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 3802 57 Avenue, Olds, AB T4H 1C4
- The entrance to the Family History Library is accessible through the north door of the building. Parking is available close to the doors.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: Tuesday 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm and 6:00 to 8:00 pm & Sundays 9:00 to 10:00 am and 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed December, January, July & August (Library use during these months are by appointment only)
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Micro fische and Micro Film readers, four computing stations, printer and photocopier. We have internet access to to premium family history websites.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)