Online Index of Colonial Marriages, 1859-1872, for British Columbia, CanadaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This index contains a summary of the information from certified marriage records for Vancouver Island and British Columbia before confederation..
- Groom’s Name
- Bride’s Name
- Registration Number (Volume/Item)
- British Columbia Archives Microfilm Number
- Family History Library (GSU) Microfilm Number
Option: search Google.com for keywords Vital Event Indexes British Columbia
Using the site
- In step 1, click the box next to Colonial Marriages (1859-1872).
- In step 2, type the name and information of the person you want to find.
- Click Start Search.
- These records were submitted to the Colonial Secretary by the local clergy.
- To see a printer-friendly view, click on the underlined number to the left of the person’s name.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News