Orange County, Vermont GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Created 22 February 1781 from the Colonial Lands. 
- 18 October 1785, Addison County set off.
- 5 November 1792, Caledonia, Essex and Orleans Counties set off.
- 1 November 1810, part of Jefferson County set off (renamed Washington County 8 November 1814.)
- 26 October 1835, Lamoille County set off.
Places / Localities
- Wells River
A transcript of the 1771 census of Gloucester County, New York survives:
Orange County Probate Districts
- Randolph District - Braintree, Brookfield, Chelsea, Orange, Randolph, Tunbridge, Washington and Williamstown.
- Bradford District - Bradford, Corinth, Fairlee, Newbury, Strafford, Thetford, Topsham, Vershire and West Fairlee.
- Orange District - in 1994 the Randolph and Bradford Districts merged under the Orange District.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Orange County
- The Orange County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Orange County
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- ↑ Harry Macy, "Newtown Census of 1771," The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Vol. 117, No. 1 (Jan. 1986):8. Digital version at New York Family History ($); FHL Book 974.7 B2n v. 117. The original census records were destroyed in a 1911 fire at the New York State Library.