Orem Utah Geneva Heights Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Orem Utah Geneva Heights Family History Center is sponsored and supported by the Aspen, Timpview, and Geneva Heights LDS Stakes and housed in the Geneva Heights Stake Center building.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 546 North 500 West, Orem, UT 84057
- The Center is located in the southwest corner of the Orem Geneva Heights Stake Center and has ADA-compatible access.
- See map to get to the Geneva Heights Family History Center
Phone: (801) 222-0201
Monday: 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Friday: 9:00AM - 3:00PM; 6:00PM - 9:00PM
2nd, 4th, & 5th Sunday: 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Holiday Schedule: We are closed on all recognized State and Federal Holidays.
Calendar and Events
2nd Sunday @ 7:00PM: Ancestral Quest
4th Sunday @ 7:00PM: RootsMagic
Staff Training Meetings:
3rd Sunday of each month (except August and December) @ 7:00PM. All are invited, whether staff or not.
Large variety of genealogical resource books such as:
- A Genealogical Gazetteer of England, compiled by Frank Smith
- Genealogical Research in Ohio, by Skip Perry
- Guide to Naturalization of the United States by Christina K. Shaefer
- North American Genealogical Sources: Southern States, compiled by Norman Edgar Wright, M.S.
- Phillimore Atlas and Index of Parish Registers
- Tracing your Hispanic Heritage by George R. Ryskamp
A few sets:
- Annotated Record of Baptisms for the Dead
- DUP: Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitud'e,
- SUP: Conquerors of the West: Stalwart Mormon PIoneers, edited by Florence C. Youngberg
- Rhode Island Vital Records vol 3-13 compiled by Alden G. Beaman, Ph.D.
- Rhode Island Genealogical Register
- Sweden's Little Places, by Nell Bennett & Beth Marlow
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Center has approximately 450 films on permanent loan.
- Several books, including those on early Utah pioneers, Nauvoo baptisms, and research guidelines are available.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
FHL Films on Indefinite Loan
- We have films for Argentina, Chile, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Norway, Sweden, UK - Call to see if we have the film you need
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has two dedicated classrooms providing fifteen computers, each equipped with dual monitors.
- Complete Internet access to premium sites through the Family History Portal.
- Each of our classrooms has Internet connectivity and projection screens.
- Patrons can either sign in with our computers or connect their own laptops to our Internet services. Wireless Internet is also available.
- All FHC computers are equipped with the latest versions of personal management software, including Ancestral Quest, Legacy, and RootsMagic.
Director Contact Information:
If you have special needs, wish to schedule group visits or classes, or cannot visit us during our regular hours, you may contact our director to make special appointments:
Volunteer at the Center
Whether LDS Church member or friends of another faith, we are always looking for qualified volunteers to staff our Center. Shifts are three hours in length:
- 9:00AM - Noon
- Noon - 3:00PM
- 3:00PM - 6:00PM
- 6:00PM - 9:00PM
If you are interested in serving with us, please contact our director either by phone or email as listed above. ----Adding details to a FHC page article.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback