Orem Utah Park/Suncrest Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Family History Center serves patrons living in the Orem Utah Park and Orem Utah Suncrest stakes. Anyone with an interest in Family History is welcome.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 50 South 750 West, Orem, UT 84058 United States
- Plenty of parking. Enter through the west door.
- Ring the doorbell if the door is locked.
- Map for the Orem Utah Park/Suncrest Family History Center
- Address: 50 South 750 West, Orem, UT 84058 United States
- Monday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Tuesday: 10 AM - 4 PM and 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday: same as Tuesday
- Thursday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Friday: 10 AM - 1 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM - Noon
- We are closed on Federal holidays, July 24 Pioneer Day
- General Conference Saturdays,
- Saturdays on weekend of Memorial Day
- Friday & Saturday of Labor Day weekend
- All week of BYU Education Week
- Thanksgiving, and last half of December for Christmas holidays.
Calendar and Events
Staff and Consultant Training Meetings
- When: Third Thursday each month except July, August and December.
- Time: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Where: Primary room (southeast corner of the building; down the hall from the Family History Center).
- We put out a monthly (10-page) newsletter for Ward Family History Consultants.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. Items can be kept here for use as long as needed.
- We have microfilms that individuals store here on loan from Salt Lake City Family History Library.
- 20 bookshelves of research resources, cataloged [a few examples: Handybook for Genealogists, Redbook, The Source, 500 Brickwall Solutions, Digital Roots, Finding Your Hispanic Roots, Genealogies in the Library of Congress, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, Genealogies of Virginia Families, Danish Genealogical Helper, Lorenzo Snow Family, DAR Library Catalog, Land and Property Research, North Carolina Wills, and hundreds more].
- Highway maps of all states, U.S. and world atlases, detail maps of Britain, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses (showing county boundaries over time).
- Researh Guides, Syllabuses from various Family History conferences and workshops.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions (such as Ancestry.com, World Vital Records, etc.).
- RootsMagic, Legacy, and Ancestral Quest is available on our computers.
Hardware and Equipment
- 11 computers with RootsMagic, Legacy, Ancestral Quest, and access to premium (subscription) family history websites (such as Ancestry.com, World Vital Records, etc.).
- Copier/printer ($.05 per page).
- Three microfilm readers.
- Microfiche reader.
- Wireless internet access.
Staff Research Specialties
Spanish speaker on staff by appointment; some other languages are within staff capability and experience. Likewise, staff have their own geographic areas of expertise. Indexing help is available.
Resources in the Local Area
Family History Centers
- Utah South Area (Orem) Family History Training Center -- Phone 801-356-9114
- 1075 S. Geneva Road, Orem; email: email@example.com
- Open Mon.-Fri. 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Provides training in genealogical research and computer technology plus classes on New FamilySearch, Basic Computer Skills, and a five-day Comprehensive Class
- Utah Valley Technology & Genealogy Group, 2050 N. Timpview, Provo; meet 2nd Sat. 9-12:00
- Orem Utah Lakeridge Family History Center, 450 South 100 West, Orem
- Orem Utah Geneva Heights Family History Center, 546 North 500 West, Orem
- Orem Utah Sharon Park Family History Center, 85 East 700 North, Orem
- Orem Utah Sunset Heights Family History Center, 1260 South 400 West, Orem
- Lindon Utah Family History Center, 1050 East 100 North, Lindon, 801-785-7584
- Provo Utah Sunset Family History Center, 1402 South 570 West, Provo
- Provo Utah Bonneville Family History Center, 85 South 900 East, Provo
- Provo Utah Edgemont North Family History Center, 4295 North Canyon Road, Provo
- Other Provo FHCs: South, East, Grandview East, North Park, Cove Point
- Provo Utah Wasatch (Tongan) Family History Center
- Utah South Hispanic Family History Center, 263 North 800 West, Provo 801-356-0661
- Mount Timpanogos Temple, 742 North 900 East, American Fork 801-763-4540
- Provo Temple, 2200 North Temple Hill Dr., Provo, 801-375-5775
- City of Orem Public Library, 58 North State St., Orem 801-229-7428
- Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University Campus, Fam. Hist. & Gen: 801-422-6200
- Utah County, Dept. of Health: Vital Records, 151 South University Ave., Provo 801-851-7000
- Provo Pioneer Museum, 500 N. 500 West, Provo, 801-852-6609, Mar-Oct. Call for times
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers & Pioneer Village, 500 W. 600 N., Provo, Jun-Aug. M-F 2-5:00
- DUP, Alpine Historic Pioneer Relic Hall, 50 N. Main, Alpine, 801-756-3738, Jun-Aug Sat 1-3
- DUP, Am. Fork Relic Hall, 50 S. 100 E., Am. Fork, 801-785-9204, Jun-Aug, M-F 1-5 pm
- DUP, Springville-Mapleton Museum, 175 S. Main St., Springville, 801-491-2076, Mar-Oct
- My Kith and Kin, Inc., P.O. Box 970186, Orem, UT 84097, 801-434-7535, contract services
- Archives, 355 S. 520 W., Suite 250, Lindon, UT 84039 801-494-6500, document digitization
- Stevenson Genealogy, 230 W. 1230 N., Provo, 801-374-9600, products, printing & binding
Volunteer at the Center
- Want to learn more about Family History? Those who serve often learn the most!
- Requirements: Basic computer and family history skills.
Adding details to a FHC page article.
- This page was last modified on 2 July 2015, at 01:03.
- This page has been accessed 1,910 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News