Orem Utah YSA 2nd Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: Located in the Institute POD at 844 W 800 S, attached to the stake center at 824 W 800 S, Orem, Utah 84058
- Enter building from main entrance on West side of building.
- If lot is open, park in stake center parking lot. Otherwise park to the East of the building.
- Link to map showing location of the Orem Utah YSA 2nd Family History Center
Phone: 801-362-0790 Director's cell phone
- Sundays 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Groups may schedule other times during the week by contacting the Center Director
- Closed 19 Dec through 1 Jan 2012 for Christmas Vacation
- Closed 8 Apr for Easter
- Closed 13 May for Mother's Day
Calendar and Events
Sunday Schedule: Open from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Drop-in patrons are welcome during all open hours, including during class periods
- 10:00 - 11:30 Ward Sunday School Family History classes
- 2:00 - 3:30 Ward Sunday School Family History classes
- Help is available for Indexing, new FamilySearch, and Internet Research
- BYU CES: Family History
- Instructor: Lindsay Powell
- Jan 4 - Apr 11, 2012 10:00 am - Noon; Noon - 2:00 pm
- Rep: Patricia Dunn (801) 362-8010
- Registrations by phone: (801) 422-8925
- This is a computer-only family history center. There are no microfilm readers.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- PAF, FamilyInsight, RootsMagic, Legacy, Ancestral Quest and other software is available for patron use
Hardware and Equipment
- Projector system and 32 computers with Internet service
- Available for group training or individual patron research
- Headphones available for patrons to use with individual training videos
Staff Research Specialties
US, British Isles, Canadian, German, Swedish.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)