Osage County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Osage County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
Osage County Courthouse
717 Topeka Ave
Lyndon, KS 66451-0226
Formerly Weller County Name changed to Osage 11 Feb 1859
County Clerk has birth records 1886-1921,
marriage records 1885-1911 and death records 1885-1909.
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1863.
County Court has court records from 1929.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1858. 
1855--Osage County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Lyndon 
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Osage County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Osage County, Kansas page 254, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).