Osceola County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Osceloa County Courthouse
301 W Upton Ave.
P. O. Box 208
Reed City, MI 49677
Phone: (231) 832-6104
County Clerk has birth and marriage records from 1869,
death and divorce records from 1870,
court records from 1963 and burial records.
Probate Judge has probate records.
County Treasurer has land records. 
1840--Osceola County was created 1 April 1840 from Mackinac County. Formerly Unwattin County, until name changed to Osceola 8 March 1843. It was attached to Ottawa, Mason, Newaygo, and Mecosta Counties prior to organization 17 March 1869. County seat: Reed City 
Civil War service men from Osceola County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Osceola County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Osceola County, Michigan page 349, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.