Page County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Has anyone studied my Page County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than a dozen family history books and articles have been published about Page County's families.
- Main article: Page County, Virginia
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Page County families include:
- O'Dell, Cecil. Pioneers of Old Frederick County, Virginia. Marceline, Mo.: Walsworth Pub. Co., 1995. FHL Collection. One of the most impressively researched one-place studies in the United States. In a review, Dorman stated "Comprehensive studies such as this appear only rarerly. This volume should be in every Virginia genealogical collection."
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Braun] West, Klaus and Joseph H. Meyerhoeffer. Shenandoah Valley Family Data, 1799-1813, From the Memorandum Book of Pastor Johannes Braun. Edinburg, Va.: Shenandoah History Publishers, 1978. FHL Book 975.5 K2bjo.
- [Comer] Rorabaugh, Joyce. Those Roving Rittgers. Volume One. Bowie, Md., 1998. FHL Book 929.273 R515r.
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795593 Item 1 Includes Page County Duncans.
- [Good] Good, William Algernon. Shadowed by the Massanutten: A History of Life Along Smith Creek, the Good Family Genealogy, and Civil War Notes. Broadway, Va.: W.A. Good, 1992. FHL Collection 975.59 H2g
- [Keyser] Strickler, Harry M. Forerunners: A History or Genealogy of the Strickler Family. 1925. FHL Film 6046689.
- [Keyser] Buchanan, Paul C. "The First Keyser Family of Page County, Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 31, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1987):27-34. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 31 (1987).
- [Lampton] Keith, Clayton. Sketch of the Lampton Family in America, 1740-1914. Louisiana, Mo.: C. Keith, 1914. FHL Collection 1321273 Item 10; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Mauck] Mauck Family Bible of Robert P. Mauck Born 1742, Died 1903 Gallia, Ohio; Page & Shenandoah Counties Virginia; Also Includes Ruffner of Page County Va., Rothgeb of Page County Va. MSS. FHL Collection CD-ROM no. 1293
- [Miller] Campbell, Judith A. The Miller Family of Page County, Virginia, Descendants of Anna Mary Miller Printz, Katherine Miller Shaffer, Frances Miller Printz, Henry H. Miller, Philip Miller & John Miller Jr. Rileyville, Va.: J.A. Campbell, 1994. FHL Collection 929.273 M612cj; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Page] Rutherford, Dolores Crumrine. Page Family Records in Virginia Counties. 2 vols. Carmichael, Calif.: D.C. Rutherford, 1982-2006. FHL Book 929.273 P141rdc v. 2 [Page County appears in Vol. 2 Part 4]
- [Pritchett] Pritchett, David L. Samuel Pritchett, b. abt 1772, of Shenandoah, Page Co., Va. MSS., microfilmed 1976. FHL Collection 928176 Item 31
- [Ruffner] Mauck Family Bible of Robert P. Mauck Born 1742, Died 1903 Gallia, Ohio; Page & Shenandoah Counties Virginia; Also Includes Ruffner of Page County Va., Rothgeb of Page County Va. MSS. FHL Collection CD-ROM no. 1293
- [Rothgeb] Mauck Family Bible of Robert P. Mauck Born 1742, Died 1903 Gallia, Ohio; Page & Shenandoah Counties Virginia; Also Includes Ruffner of Page County Va., Rothgeb of Page County Va. MSS. FHL Collection CD-ROM no. 1293
- [Sours] Campbell, Judith A. The Sours Family of Page County, Virginia: Descendants of Frederick and Balser Sours. Rileyville, Va.: J.A. Campbell, 1995. FHL Collection 929.273 So84s; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Stover] Eagleson, Pamela Stone. In Search of an Ancestry, the Stone-Shearmire Family History. Kennebunk, Me.: P.S. Eagleson, 1984. FHL Book 929.273 St72e.
- ↑ John Frederick Dorman, "Review of Pioneers of Old Frederick County, Virginia," in The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 39, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1995):236.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback