Panola County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Panola County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Panola County Courthouse
151 Public Sq;
Batesville, MS 38606-2220
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce and probate records from 1836.
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage reocrds from 1885 and court records 1836. 
1886--Panola County was created 9 February 1836 from the the Chickasaw Cesson.
County seat: Batesville 
1886--Some records were lost.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Panola County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Holy Innocents Parish, Como
- 1881-1885 - Holy Innocents Parish, Como, Baptism Index 1881-1885. Batch C714301 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1856-1895 - Holy Innocents Parish, Como, Marriage Index 1856-1895. Batch M714301 at FamilySearch - free.
Davis Chapel, Methodist Episcopal
- 1881-1920, 1940-1944 - Davis Chapel, Methodist Episcopal Baptism Index 1881-1920, 1940-1944. Batch C714281 at FamilySearch - free.
Methodist Episcopal Church, Como
- 1879-1885 - Methodist Episcopal Church, Como, Baptism Index 1879-1885. Batch C714311 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1880-1895 - Methodist Episcopal Church, Como, Marriage Index 1880-1895. Batch M714311 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1880-1900 - Methodist Episcopal Church, Como, Death Index 1880-1900. Batch B714311 at FamilySearch - free.
- Civil War service men from Panola County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Panola County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company C - Panola Cavalry
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (Johnston's)
- Company E - Pleasant Mount Rifles
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Partisans [Also known as 2nd Partisan Rangers Cavalry/Ballentine’s]
- Company H - Ballentine’s Guards
- Company K - Jernigan’s Company
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company D - Senatobia Opposers
- - 5th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company H - Hill’s Company
- - 19th Battalion Mississippi Cavalry (Duff's)
- Company H - Morris’ Company
- - 8th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry (formerly 19th Battalion Mississippi Cavalry (Duff's)
- Company H - Morris’ Company
- - 9th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (Old)
- Company H - Panola Guards
- Company I - Senatobia Invincibles, aka Invincibles
- - 12th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company E - Sardis Blues [also listed as Co. F]
- 1879-1880 - Panola County Birth Index 1879-1880. Batch C749877 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1879-1942 - Panola County Birth Index 1879-1942. Batch C714295 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1871-1917 - Panola County Marriage Books 1-7 and Index 1823-1927 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Panola County, Mississippi page 381, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f2/Igimississippip.pdf.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.