Paulus, Oslo, Norway GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
A Royal resolution July 10, 1874 separated an area bordered by Aker river, Fossveien, Sannergata, the old city limits and Trondheimsveien as Paulus parish.
The borders were changed September 28, 1897 to follow Nordre gata from Aker river, Toftes gate, Helgesens gate, Teglverksgata, Verksgata, Fagerheimsgata, Sannergata and Aker river.
In 1916 the area south of Helgeseng gate was separated as Hauge parish. But in 1938, the area north of Sofienberggata in Hauge parish was once again put in Paulus parish. The rest of Hauge parish was added to Jakob parish. At the same time Lilleborg parish was added to Paulus parish, while the population should belong to Lilleborg chapelry.
Then in 1956, Lilleborg parish was created from part of Paulus parish as well as from other parishes.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News