Pemberton, Lancashire

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
m (Text replace - "RTENOTITLE" to "go to")
m (Text replace - "== Reference<br>" to "== References")
Line 36: Line 36:
 
Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.  
 
Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.  
  
== Reference<br> ==
+
== References ==
  
 
{{Reflist}}
 
{{Reflist}}
  
 
[[Category:Lancashire]]
 
[[Category:Lancashire]]

Revision as of 17:18, 1 May 2012

England go to Lancashirego to Lancashire Parishes

Contents

Chapel History

PEMBERTON, a township with a district chapel, in the parishand union of Wigan, hundred of West Derby, S. division of Lancashire, 2¼ miles west by southwest of Wigan. The district church, dedicated to St. John, was built in 1832.

There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.[1]

Resources

Civil Registration

Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.

Church records

Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection

Census records

Probate records

Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Lancashire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.

Maps and Gazetteers

Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.

Web sites

Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.

References

  1. A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis (1848), pp. 542-545.&amp;nbsp;Adapted. Date accessed: 20 July 2010.