Pendleton County, KentuckyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kentucky-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Pendleton County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||December 4, 1798|
|Caddo||Ezra (hist.)||Ivor||Peach Grove|
|Callensville (hist.)||Flowertown (hist.)||Locust Grove|
|Catawba||Fruit Hill (hist.)||McKinneysburg|
African American Research
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- 1850 Pendleton County Slave Census
- [http://www.kykinfolk.com/pendleton/census/1860_slave.htm 1860 Pendlton County Slave Census
- The KY African American Griots Project ~ The Kentucky African American Griots Project
- Sandi Gorin's Tips ~ Hangings in Kentucky 1792 - 1900
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Pendleton County Cemeteries ~ Pendleton County KYGenWeb
- Pendleton Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The KY Historical Society’s Cemetery Database
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- Naming the Forgotten ~ Naming the Forgotten - The Eastern State Hospital Project
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness Local volunteers may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Pendleton County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Pendleton County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Pendleton County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Societies and Libraries
- Pendleton County KYGenWeb
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pendleton County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback