Pendleton Hall, Lancashire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
PENDLETON (All Saints), a township with a chapelry, in Whalley, Lancashire parish, Lancashire; under Pendle hill, 2½ miles south by southeast of Clitheroe. Pendleton Hall was an extra-parochial place lying next to the parish boundaries of Whalley Parish and Newchurch in Pendle to the northeast. See England Jurisdictions 1851 There are a chapel of ease, an Independent chapel, and a national school.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Online index of Lancashire Births, Marriages and Deaths Lancashire BMD
Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 306899.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Lancashire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above..