Perry County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Perry County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Perry County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||September 7, 1814|
|County Seat||Tell City|
|Address|| Perry County Courthouse|
2219 Payne Street
Tell City, IN 47586
- Breckinridge County, Kentucky
- Hancock County, Kentucky
- Meade County, Kentucky
Perry County, Indiana Resources
For tips on accessing Perry County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Perry County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Perry County, Indiana (1868) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
- History of Warrick, Spencer and Perry Counties, Indiana, from the earliest time to the present; together with interesting biographical sketches, reminiscences, notes, etc. (1973. Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic.) FHL US/CAN Film 934922 Item 4 FHL Collectionother librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE
Land and Property
- African American Veterans in Perry County, Indiana (1890) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
War of 1812
Civil War service men from Pike County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Pike County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company A
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company B
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company L
- 26th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 35th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company D
- 38th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 49th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
- 81st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies G, and K
- 93rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 144th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
Civil War Books
- "Military History" Chapter 7 in History of Warrick, Spencer and Perry Counties, Indiana, from the earliest time to the present; together with interesting biographical sketches, reminiscences, notes, etc. (1973. Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic.)(page 685-710),FHL US/CAN Film 934922 Item 4 FHL Collectionother librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE
World War I
World War II
Naturalization and Citizenship
The Tell City, Perry County Public Library has the Obituaries available and searchable on line.You will need to click on search and enter your name or the criteria you want to search by in the form.
- Roster of Civilian Conservation Corps, Tell City, Perry County, Indiana (1938) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Perry County Courthouse
2219 Payne Street
Tell City, IN 47586
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1813.
County Recorder has land records from 1813.
County Health Department has birth and death records from 1890. 
Family History Centers
Tell City-Perry County Public Library, 2328 Tell Street, Tell City, IN
Has large collection, including online obituaries since December, 1999 www.tcpclibrary.org
Cannelton Public Library
Has some items related to Cannelton, including High School yearbooks.
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Perry County, Indiana Web Sites
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Perry County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Perry County, Indiana Genealogical References
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Perry County, Indiana 215 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.