Perry County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- Breckinridge County, Kentucky
- Hancock County, Kentucky
- Meade County, Kentucky
Civil War service men from Pike County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Pike County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company A
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company B
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company L
- 26th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 35th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company D
- 38th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 49th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
- 81st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies G, and K
- 93rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 144th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 28th US Colored Troops , Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
The Tell City, Perry County Public Library has the Obituaries available and searchable on line.You will need to click on search and enter your name or the criteria you want to search by in the form.
Societies and Libraries
Tell City-Perry County Public Library, 2328 Tell Street, Tell City, IN
Has large collection, including online obituaries since December, 1999 www.tcpclibrary.org
Cannelton Public Library
Has some items related to Cannelton, including HS yearbooks.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Perry County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).