Perry County, MississippiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Perry County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
County CourthousePerry County Courthouse
PO Box 198
New Augusta, Ms 39462
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce, probate,
court and land records from 1878,
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records from 1877. 
1877--Some records were lost.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Perry County, Mississippi census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Perry County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Perry County.
- - 7th Battalion, Mississippi Infantry
- Company B - Beauregard Defenders
- - 9th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company D - Stevens’ Company
- - 17th Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company F - Stevens’ Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Perry County, Mississippi page 382, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback