Pershing County, NevadaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Nevada-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Arabia||Granite Point||Kodak||Mill City||Perth||Rye Patch||Tungsten|
|Colado||Humboldt||Kyle Hot Springs||Nightingale||Placerites||Scossa||Twain|
|Cosgrave||Humboldt City||Lovelock||Oreana||Poker Brown||Toulon||Unionville|
US Vol. 21 page 1 - Big Meadow Cemetery
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Early migration routes to and from Pershing County, Nevada for emigrant settlers included:
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Applegate Trail 1846 (avoided the Forty Mile Desert) by leaving the Humboldt River in Nevada early at present-day Rye Reservoir, Nevada and passing through the Black Rock Desert to Fandango Pass past Goose Lake on to the Lost River and eventually the Willamette Valley in Oregon
- Nobles Road 1851 from the Applegate Trail at Rabbithole Springs in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada to Shasta City, California
- Central Pacific Railroad since 1869 from Ogden, Utah to Sacramento, California
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Reno newspapers going back to 1870 that may include residents of Pershing County. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Pershing County Library
P.O. Box 781
1125 Central Avenue
Lovelock , Nevada 89419
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pershing County, Oregon page 443, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 2 August 2011).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "First Transcontinental Railroad" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Transcontinental_Railroad (accessed 2 August 2011).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback