Peru, Cusco, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Peru, Cusco, Civil Registration, 1889-1997 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Perú, Cusco, Registro Civil
This Collection will include records from 1889 to 1997.
This collection includes copies of civil registration records of births, marriages, and deaths from several provinces in the department of Cusco in Perú. The collection also includes some baptisms housed at the Archivo Regional de Cusco. Additional images will be published as they become available.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Civil Registry. Peru, Cusco, civil registration. Regional Archive of Cusco, Peru.
Important genealogical information found in birth records may include:
- Date and place of the registration
- Name and sex of the newborn
- Parents’ names, age, residence and origin
- Grandparents’ names
Important genealogical information found in marriage records may include:
- Date and place of the registration
- Bride’s full maiden name
- Groom’s full name
- Bride and groom ages (or birth dates)
- Bride and groom place of residence and origin
- The couple’s previous civil status
- Their parents’ names and birthplaces and/or current residence
- Names of the witnesses (these are usually relatives or close friends of the couple)
Important genealogical information found in death records may include:
- Time, date, and place of the registration
- Name of the principal (deceased)
- Place, date, time, and cause of death
- Principal's occupation
- Principal’s age (or birthplace and date)
- Parents’ names
- Name of witnesses and their residence
- Name of person registering the death and his/her relationship to the deceased
How to Use the Record
To search the collection select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the “Record”
⇒ Select the “Provincia”
⇒ Select the “Distrito o municipalidad”
⇒ "Tipo de registro y años" which takes you to the images.
When you have located your ancestor’s birth, marriage, or death record, carefully evaluate each piece of information about them. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors. For example:
- Use the date along with the place to find the family in church or other records.
- The parent’s birth places can tell you former residences and can help to establish a migration pattern for the family.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
“Peru, Cusco, Civil Registration, 1889-1997,” images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 27 June, 2012), Cusco > Cusco > Nacimientos 1962 feb-abr > image 154 of 252 images, Gladys Vizcarra Guillen, 1962; citing municipal clerks in Cusco, Cusco, Peru.