Peru Encyclopedias and DictionariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Encyclopedias provide information on all branches of knowledge or treat a specific topic comprehensively, usually in articles arranged alphabetically. They often contain information of great interest for genealogical research, including articles about towns and places, prominent people, minorities, and religions. They can also give information about diverse topics such as record-keeping practices, laws, customs, commerce, costumes, occupations, and archaic terminology. The following encyclopedias and encyclopedic reference books may be particularly helpful in your research:
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Latin America and the Caribbean. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press, 1992. (FHL book 980 A5c.)
- Schaefer, Christina K. Genealogical Encyclopedia of the Colonial Americas: A Complete Digest of the Records of All the Countries of the Western Hemisphere. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., Inc., 1998. (FHL book 929.11812 D26s.)
- Dicciónario Enciclopédico del Perú (Encyclopedic Dictionary of Peru). 3 vols. Lima: Juan Mejía Baca, 1966. (FHL book 985 A5de.)
Encyclopedias are listed in the FamilySearch Catalog in the Locality section under:
PERU - ENCYCLOPEDIAS AND DICTIONARIES
For information on language dictionaries, see Peru Language and Languages.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,131 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More