Peru PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Most genealogical and historical societies in North America and Peru publish magazines and newsletters. The articles often include:
- Family genealogies and pedigrees.
- Transcripts of church records, migration lists, and cemetery records.
- Helpful articles on research methodology.
- Information about local records, archives, and services.
- Book advertisements and book reviews.
- Research advertisements.
There are a few societies and organizations in Peru that publish genealogical periodicals. These are in Spanish. Much of their content is devoted to genealogies of prominent Peruvian families. In addition, excellent department and regional publications will contain local history, biographies, and genealogy that are not in the Family History Library. (See the “Genealogy” section for genealogical periodicals.)
The largest and most comprehensive collection of newspapers and periodicals in Peru is located in the National Library. Many date from as early as the 18th century. In total, the library houses 350 newspaper and periodical titles, and 300 leaflets.
- This page was last modified on 24 August 2008, at 15:25.
- This page has been accessed 1,147 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News